Friday, June 25, 2010

AHHHHH!


O my goodness. I am so frustrated right now. That i decided to write it down. So i get a call transferred to me to register them for education week. I say the normal routine, "registration this is Serena. I believe you want to register for education week."

Caller: (in a rude snarly tone) "Now wait right now. Slow down. We are not going to get anywhere if you slur your words together. You need to start over and speak so i can actually understand you. I can't stand it when people speak so fast i can't understand them."

(i chuckle to myself because it was so rude it was nearly a joke. Like who is actually that rude!?!) "Ok. My name is-"

"now whats your name and say it so I can understand you."

"My name is Serena" (very slowly and clearly)

"Ok now i need to register for education week can you help me with that?"

"Yes i can do that. Whats your last name?

"Jerman"

"And your fist name?"

"Randall. Now I should be in there because I have gone the past three years."

"Actually I did not find an account for you-"

"-well hows that possible I've gone for the past three years.."

"we have a new system this year."

I ask him for his birthdate and address and then i ask for his email.

"None of your business."

-awekward silence.

"Ok", I say.

"I don't give out my email."

"So now i have to get you a net id if you want to write this down its..."

"I don't want to. Why do I need this?"

"Just to register yourself in the future."

" No i prefer to call."

"Ok."

SO i proceed to register him. He asked me a few questions that i didn't have the answers to because it was a question for a different department...so i said i don't know. and he goes, "Are you new or something you seem kind of (i foget what word he used) clueless and very unprofessional."

HE was just so rude, I can't even explain. I have never come across a more rude being in my life up til now. It got my spirits way down. What did I ever do to him to make him hate me? Geeeze!!!

Then I get a call about a father who registered his daughter for EFY way back in february but it was credited back to him because it wasn't attatched to any EFY...I didn't really understand it when my supervisor was explaining it to me and she got kind of rude too.

Then I get this text: "What is wrong? Your makin me feel really really bad what is the problem what did i do freak". This is a text from Avandi. Avandi is a 19 year old half black half poly boy from LA that i met probably the third day I was up here in Provo and my roommates weren't here yet and I didn't have many friends yet cuz i hadn't been to the ward. So i met him in the pool with him and his friend. I was being really nice because they seemed cool and I wanted some friends. So they invited me to go watch the lakers game with them. I agreed, why not right? So, it wasn't terrible hanging out with him...not very fun, kind of awekward. His cousin was smoking pot...ya. SO interesting story but he was totally like in love with me. He speaks samoan so he was teaching me a few things. Then, he wanted to go play b ball some time and so we did...his weirdness came out a little more at that time, just to see him in a social environment. He was very quiet and I got a weird vibe. We were playing a few games of horse with a good friend of mine. So Avandi was kind of fun for a while. BUt when my roommates got into town and i started becoming great friends with my ward, I chose not to hang out with Avandi because I just didn't want to. He sent me a few texts that went a little something like this: "good morning alleilei (which means beautiful in samoan) hope you have a great day." And i think texts like that are stupid, so i don't typically respond. The worst is this: "hi." randomly. and i don't respond. Also, he sent me a text that said how he think i am beautiful and he really likes me. So after a series of me not texting him back, he calls me and says i just wanted to ask you if i had done anything wrong and make my peace and apologize because i really like you and sorry if i bug you, but i'll try not to text you too much. Then a few days later he starts texting up a storm to me again and i dont' respond. Then I got that text today. So its so annoying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he will have whole conversations without me even texting him back! haha. and why did he call me a "freak" today? ANd why does he keep on saying these things? does he not get the point after me not responding?

whew! Thats all done and done. I feel better now and I am blessed with my job, my health, my family, my GOOD friends, and the finally good summer weather in provo. :)

2 comments:

  1. Some people just are so oblivious to other people's feelings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. dude, that stinks. I know it's hard to have people be rude to you and get mad at you when you've done nothing wrong, but you also learn things about yourself when you're faced with things like that. You are gaining experience and that's going to totally help you out in the future.
    And it sounds like you just need to be honest with your friend Avandi. You're just not as into him as he is into you. Silence is sometimes harder for people to deal with 'cause it leaves them in the dark and wondering.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails