Thursday, October 30, 2014

Happy Halloween...and update!

It's kind of cool I was feeling like writing on my blog and it's been exactly a year since my last post, which I can't believe because that means time is flying by so fast. Life has been good this past year, just working as a nurse now for the past 7 months. Graduating nursing school and passing my NCLEX were awesome moments! Working 3 12 hour shifts at night time has not been my favorite sometimes, but I will only put up with it for a while. Studies show night shift is not good for one's health, and I can feel why. It has especially been hard now that I am 12 weeks pregnant! Which is great news that Cameron and I welcomed so happily and are extremely grateful for the blessing to have a healthy pregnancy. Then the nausea set in, which actually hit me pretty hard emotionally and physically. One night in the start of the nausea I couldn't sleep in the night time because of my night work schedule, even though I was home in bed and wanted to sleep so bad, I just couldn't fall asleep. Then I was throwing up every two hours and went to church that morning. I had to leave sacrament to throw up. Not fun. I was unaware how bad the nausea and vomiting would be. They call it morning sickness, but it was constantly there for me. If I wasn't feeling the nausea I was nervous for when it would come. Luckily I learned how to manage it and just got used to it. I had to eat every two hours and felt like I was always eating. I use past tense because I have felt really good this past week...but then I started doing my night shifts and the nausea came at the end of my 12 hours at work and this morning I threw up. So it's okay and I'll survive, but at first thinking of the baby made me feel nauseated so I didn't think of the baby much, I was just trying to make it through. Now I think about the baby a little more. My belly sticks out a little but it isn't noticeable with my cloths on. Cameron will get real close to my belly, touching it and say, "Daddy loves you". And then I'll say tell them I love them too. "Mommy loves you too, we're so proud of you!" he says. So, I have a while to go working night shift and being pregnant. Tonight is my last of three in a row and I hope it goes well.

Halloween...I haven't gotten into the spirit as much this year. I planned our church party and that was pretty fun-Cam and I did the home made root beer with dry ice which is always fun, but our costumes were just last-minute thrown together and we didn't even carve a pumpkin this year. O well, I just am really excited for Christmas this year, more so than usual for some reason. Cameron is Ohio right now, interviewing for residency. He also has flown to California and will be doing some more flying or driving around for interviews before January. I am so proud of him and wish I could just always be with him. Sometimes I think it would be so nice to not work at all! Of course everyone probably thinks that though. But, I do love the people I work with which is nice and I can't complain (except for my student loans that I wish weren't there). Anyway, it felt good to get thoughts out and review my recent life.

2 comments:

  1. Happy you announced! Sorry you've been sick. Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, "all the time sickness" is what I call it. It's the worst when you think you're felling pretty good and then it hits you hard and fast! Glad you're starting to feel better!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails